Sunday 22 November 2009

25mm Romans and friends







I’ve always been a fan of most things Roman as you might gather from “Brutus” who stands guard over my table in a corner of the attic.

The next two pictures show three cohorts of 25mm Imperial Romans (plastics) from Warlord Games and the bottom two show some hairy Gauls or Celts from both Warlord Games and Wargames Factory.

All were sent off to Sri Lanka for painting so I claim no credit for them, although I asked them to paint them on their sprues so I just had the assembly and shields to sort out.

I was aiming to do a small scenario for Boudicca’s revolt and wanted them to duplicate for Crassus’ invasion of Aquitaine in 56BC and brief war with the Sotiates. But I’m not sure if I want to keep them as my real interest is the Punic Wars. To fund my Punic war purchases I would need to sell them so if anybody is interested in a total of 88 figures for £150 plus p/p, just drop me an email.
(PS the sale is for the miniatures not Brutus!)

1 comment:

  1. Why don't you keep the celts ?
    There were gallic mercenaries in Hannibal's army.

    Nice, legionnary uniform. Do you indulge in re-enactment ?

    ReplyDelete