Sunday 17 January 2010

ACW: Grant's Vermont Brigade




Back on the ACW. To update things as they stand now, the Confederates are done and 5 out of 6 Union infantry brigades are now finished. All I have left to do are three more Union battalions and a couple of batteries of artillery. Then we should be ready for our Spring game and a try out of Carnage and Glory II's ACW computer rules.

The brigade pictured above consists of veteran Vermont battalions. The figures are mostly Perry plastics but with the occasional Dixon metal thrown in - standard bearers and drummers.

I really like the way I have managed to curl the flags and I have found that the best way to do this is as soon as they are stuck together and put on the poles. I use Bâton de colle (or just Pritt Stick in English) to stick the flag on, then immediately curl the flag with my fingers until it looks right. Then set it aside to dry. Once dry, I paint the white line around the flag (where the two sheets have met) and put a drop of Superglue to make sure the flag will stay in position. I will need to go back and rework some of the flags I have in other armies.

Next post will show some Gallic cavalry.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nigel

    The figures appear to be a mix of Perrys and??? I love your flags - the rippling in the wind effect is great. Are they your own or made by someone? Nicely done.

    Cheers,
    Doc

    http://docsartofwar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete